Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Newest favorite Websites and tips

Obviously, I have some links in my sidebar, but here are some other sites I really like:

Best place to buy kettlebells:
Especially if you live in central/eastern PA, it is worth a visit to Christian's to pick up your bells.
Their prices are the best to begin with and if you can save on delivery... well, obviously.

Most interesting link-hub:
I love the fact that this Orthodox Church has a huge fitness section of their website AND it isn't all dedicated to aerobic exercise, walking and eating vegetables (not that there's anything wrong with that - I love vegetables). Part of me wants to say "only in Texas" but the Russians have a long history and tradition of physical-strength culture. Unfortunately, a lot of the links just go to other link-hubs.

Best recent discovery:
You CAN surf the web for fitness and NOT see lots of semi-erotic under-dressed people!
I normally use Google Chrome as my browser, but I downloaded Firefox, went to "Preferences" then "Content" and UNchecked "Load Images Automatically." Tada! Now I can go back to some certain websites that I stopped going to almost 3 years ago because they always had "fitness model" pinups. They also have some of the best current research and extensive articles and programs by training experts.

Great and Simple:
I like simple systems to achieve goals. This one is both clear and simple. If you want to add muscle and you can follow directions, this is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment